7-Eleven Corporate Communications Spring 2018 Internship
Deadline for submission extension: Friday, January 5th, at 5:00pm
- Eleven, Inc., the world’s largest convenience retailer, is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious public relations/communications junior or senior to assist with internal, external and Franchisee communications at their corporate headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Applicants can expect to acquire competitive skills while learning how communications fits into a global corporation. The team is looking for a detail-oriented, self-starting, creative thinker who exhibits excellent time management.
This is a paid, full or part-time opportunity.
Applicants must have strong communication skills and should be a junior or senior majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of business etiquette. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Past internship experience, especially in an agency-setting, is preferred.
- Draft content for company communications channels (i.e. newsletters, mailers, Franchisee app etc.)
- Create and execute communication plans
- Pitch story angles to the media
- Assist with media responses
- Perform media monitoring
- Maintain corporate website
- Update Franchisee smartphone app
- Manage creative asset database
- Research industry trends
- Other responsibilities as needed
If you are interested in the Spring 2018 Corporate Communications Internship with 7-Eleven, you may email a resume and cover letter to Dea Pennington at Dea.Pennington@7-11.com. Please include “Spring Internship” in the subject line. Deadline is Friday, January 5th at 5pm CT.