CCPA Renovation, Pursuing Excellence in a Digital World
Every aspect of communication is changing rapidly, thanks in large part to the emergence of our digital world. As challenging as these changes are for communication professionals, it is equally difficult for the institutions charged with preparing students for their professional lives. Staying relevant is more important than ever.
CCPA Renovation is a multi-million dollar program to put the best people and facilities in place for the benefit of our students.
First Step, Faculty, Professionals, Curriculum, Alumni
The first step is maintaining the best possible team of professors, professionals, and community partners to provide students with opportunities to apply what they are learning. SMU Corporate Communication and Public Affairs (CCPA) faculty are second to none alongside an impressive Advisory Board of senior executives who help guide CCPA curricula. CCPA majors benefit every day from the experience and care of these individuals and alumni who continuously assist students with networking, career advice, and employment leads.
Second Step, Facilities
The second step is enhanced facilities. For CCPA those facilities come in two forms, first, student meeting and collaboration spaces and second, enhanced classrooms.
Working with the Meadows School of the Arts, CCPA began fundraising in Fall 2017 for a major renovation of the facilities our CCPA students access in the Umphrey Lee Center at SMU. The goal is to secure $3 million to complete these facilities as rapidly as possible.
The New CCPA
The renovation plans call for a number of key features, including:
- A state-of-the-art digital war room to allow our students to monitor traditional and digital communications and learn analytics
- A fully equipped boardroom for student presentations, seminars and meetings
- Enhanced classroom space with the most modern presentation and digital access systems
- A working student commons and lounge specifically designed for collaboration, creativity, and a sense of community
- A professional office for mustangconsulting as it enters its 15th year in CCPA
Both individuals and organizations are contributing to this important effort, and naming opportunities within the new facilities are still available.
If you have questions or comments about CCPA, please contact us.