Posted by Rebecca Hewitt: email@example.com.
THE SUNWEST PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN EXPERIENCE…
Beginning Summer 2018 – interviews and communication welcome now…
At Sunwest, our philosophy on interns is simple: jump in and get as much experience as you can. Our interns are exposed to the full scope of agency life – from pitching media to team happy hours, and everything in between.
We currently have an opening for a summer intern. In addition to working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, Sunwest interns have the opportunity to experience multiple facets of PR through our diverse client list. The role includes, but is not limited to, the following assignments:
- Assist with media relations efforts through developing contact lists, writing pitches, making follow-up contact to secure coverage, and collecting and reporting coverage
- Generate strategies and content for agency and client social media initiatives
- Contribute general event, program and special project support
- Conduct research for client work and new business opportunities
- Participate in brainstorming and staff meetings
- Regularly meet with assigned mentor
The ideal candidate is a talented upper-level college student or recent graduate with the following qualifications:
- A strong work ethic and interest in public relations or communications
- Experience in today’s digital/social media landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism
The summer internship typically runs from May to August. Hours and start date are flexible. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Maggie Holley at firstname.lastname@example.org.