Click here to apply. https://ipg.taleo.net/careersection/ws_ext_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=007349&tz=GMT-06%3A00
We are looking for interns to join us in our Dallas office! We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients – and we’re looking for candidates with the public relations and account leadership experience, creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort.
During the internship program, interns will work on iconic brands they encounter every day. They will be mentored by the best professionals in the business, work on real-world, hands-on client projects and be a part of one of the world’s leading communications firms.
We don’t want to be just another agency that provides you with an internship. We want to ignite your career…and then some.
• Draft media relations materials
• Research and maintain editorial opportunities and calendars
• Scan daily, weekly, monthly and on-line publications to identify client-relevant media coverage, including competitive market and industry information, to compile daily monitoring reports
• Conduct and report on media monitoring to keep us aware of client coverage and what’s happening with their competitors
• Prepare and update media and influencer lists with fresh outlets, angles and voices.
• Apply strong written ability to draft research reports, social content, internal communications and media relations materials.
• Dig deep into consumer and competitive research to support with new business pitches.
• Assist in event coordination and logistics
• Draft basic materials and briefing documents
• Proof and edit internal and external documents
• Prepare clip reports and summaries as needed by team and client
• Actively participate in agency development by volunteering to assist other staff with urgent client needs
• You’re curious and intrigued by what makes a brand, a piece of copy, a video, a moment memorable.
• You want to support top brands in sharing their stories across all communications channels.
• You like to think BIG, and want to help execute BIG ideas.
• You would rather be busy and can manage competing deadlines in fast-paced environments.
• You crave content and have your finger on the pulse of media/digital/influencer trends.
• Your creative writing skills allow you to breakdown complex ideas into relatable ones.
• Strong interest and experience in public relations and integrated digital campaigns and desire to pursue a career in the field
• Excellent oral, written communications, research and presentation skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Attention to details and deadlines; accuracy and thoroughness are especially important
• Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed instructions
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Experience and interest in today’s digital/social media landscape
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn; team-player with an “anything is possible” approach
• Professional and able to be flexible in a fast-paced, always changing environment
• Available to work 40 hours per week
• Ideally, the candidate will have had previous public relations internships completed in traditional and/or digital.
• Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications or related field
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.