Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: Communications and Development Associate located in Irving, TX.
The Communications and Development Associate will work under the Engagement Manager to develop, maintain, and manage all communications and marketing channels for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Dallas. In addition, the Communications and Development Associate will develop and lead all stewardship efforts for corporate, foundation, and individual donors under the direction of the Engagement Manager, Corporate Relations Manager, and Grants/Foundation Manager. This role will also work with the Central Marketing Director to work together collaboratively to benefit the Lone Star agency across markets and coordinate look and feel of messages.
Responsibilities and Duties
Develop, maintain, and manage all communications and marketing resources, including but not limited to social media, public relations, direct mail, and digital communications (email marketing/communications, digital advertising, etc.) in consort and under the direction of the Engagement Manager
- Work with volunteers and the Engagement Manager to reorganize Big Brothers Big Sisters’ communications efforts, including but not limited to combining separate databases into one marketing database, aligning communications efforts across different departments, and developing effective drip campaigns meant to convert volunteers to donors and guide customers through acquisition paths in an effort to increase engagement, both financially and on a volunteer basis.
- Organize the creation of various marketing/communications materials meant to support all fundraising and recruitment efforts.
- Maintain and develop BBBS of Greater Dallas’ Website, updating blog content, managing home page content, and evaluating ways to improve communications and ROI from this channel.
- Ensure appropriate presence and visibility of Big Brothers Big Sisters as agency of choice amongst donors and volunteers.
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation
- Work with the Engagement Manager to continue development and execution of an effective donor stewardship plan meant to increase engagement between donors and the agency, improve donor retention, and encourage moves management of high-capacity donors.
- Under the Engagement Manager’s leadership, create and develop strong marketing/communications campaigns for individual giving efforts such as North Texas Giving Day, Big Brothers Big Sister’s Leadership Giving Society, Giving Tuesday, and End-of-Year Giving.
- Brainstorm, develop, and execute strategies to increase giving during historically low performing summer months.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline preferred.
- 1+ year demonstrated experience in agency operations, fund development, sales or marketing preferred. Internship in related field helpful.
- Deep understanding of market demographics.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency skills preferred.
- Always represents agency with high professional standards and perception as this is an externally facing role.
- Able to network with current and previous BIGs and outside organizations to create new contacts and cultivate relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of the non-profit setting, project planning, organizational skills, and prospect research.
- Proficient in MS Office, competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator preferred). Experience with and competency in WordPress or other comparable CMS. HTML preferred.
- Competency and proven creativity in social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Snapchat preferred).
- Experience with MailChimp, Constant Contact or similar email marketing platforms.
- Knowledgeable about marketing databases and other marketing technologies preferred.
- Effective, experienced and confident public speaker.
- Ability to lead meetings with varying size audiences.
- Ability to engage clients, customers, stakeholders, partners and volunteers covering a wide breadth of sophistication from community representatives to C-suite executives.Effectively manage and support volunteers.
- Facilitation, negotiation and closing skills.
- Availability and flexibility to travel throughout the agency’s service area and to participate in recruitment activities when necessary, including early weekday morning and evening hours and occasional weekends.
- Willingness to work within culturally diverse environments.
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including retirement (matched); medical, dental and life insurance; HSA option; flexible spending account; education reimbursement, awesome time-off and casual dress.
Please submit resume to and indicate “Communications and Development Associate – Irving, TX” in the subject line.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit our website at www.bbbstx.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,000.00 /year
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator): 1 year
- agency operations, fund development, sales or: 1 year
- WordPress or other comparable CMS: 1 year
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter): 1 year
- MailChimp, Constant Contact or similar email marketing: 1 year
- Irving, TX