What We’re Looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced strategic communications professional who knows how to tell a story – the right story. Someone who knows the path to employee engagement. A communications pro who bridges the gap across change, diversity and inclusion. Someone who – Handles. It. Always.
As part of our team, you’ll bring impeccable project management skills and a background in internal/workforce communications, change, culture and employee engagement communications, and issues/crisis management to the table. You’ll be comfortable working in an undefined environment across multiple projects, navigating many levels of seniority and functions, and taking initiative. You’ll be based in the Dallas area and lead projects/workstreams for key clients representing multiple industries. And, you’ll be joining a mighty crew that is high-energy, collaborative and creative – a group that works hard/plays hard.
Who We Are:
HudsonLake is a strategic communications consulting firm based in the greater Washington, D.C. area. We provide a full range of best-in-class services to a select group of national and international clients. We’re campaign managers who oversee multifaceted and complex issues/crisis, public affairs and change management initiatives. We have a very hands-on approach and work alongside the most senior leadership within organizations. We take great pride in our highly talented, diverse team of professionals, plus the fact that we’re certified as a woman-owned business enterprise founded by veteran communications professional Cynthia Hudson.
It’s all in the Details:
• Lead client projects/workstreams, serving as campaign manager and providing counsel, project management and content development
• Manage day-to-day communications in support of client programs, from concept to completion, working across multiple stakeholders and managing third-party vendors
• Create messaging/materials, ensuring communications are consistent and aligned with organizational messages
• Develop detailed project plans, including timelines, review/approval matrices and SMART goals
• Work across cross-functional and multi-level teams to drive decisions, create consensus and implement programs
Experience: • 10-12 years of corporate/employee communications and/or public relations experience
• Experience leading client work and/or project workstreams for multifaceted communications campaigns/programs
• Experience managing communication programs in large, consensus-driven organizations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills, including the ability to make stories come to life • Ability to quickly gather and synthesize information from a variety of sources; aptitude for translating complex topics and issues into simple, understandable messages • Exceptional project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive and succeed while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
• Ability to remain organized and disciplined in a sometimes ambiguous and often complex, fluid, fast-paced and dynamic business environment • Demonstrated effectiveness working with senior leaders. Demonstrated ability to influence others and capable of thinking creatively to develop solutions for a diverse range of complex issues. Ability to work effectively across functions and levels. • Exceptional judgment and decision quality. Ability to recognize and manage sensitive issues.
• Collaborative, creative, nimble and a great sense of humor!