There is a lot I’m thankful for this holiday season, although I still can’t believe Thanksgiving is already here. Where did 2017 go?
In my delightful role as CCPA chair, my gratitude list is long. I’ll share a snippet of it here. Heartfelt wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all those who make CCPA a (really) special place on campus.
- Yay! We have a new CCPA blog that is the “go to” place for all things CCPA. No more well-kept secrets about all that our students and faculty are doing.
- At last – we are on our way to getting fancy new teaching and student spaces for CCPA in Umphrey Lee. Fingers crossed we see construction start in 2018.
- Our programs in organizational communication, political communication, social innovation & nonprofit engagement, and public relations & strategic communication are full of hardworking students who are thriving under the undeniable dose of “tough love” we provide each day.
- CCPA faculty are literally circling the globe doing what they teach. See our blog for a few examples. Much more to come!
- Our alumni count is 1,700+ and growing. We’re in the process of forming a Young Alumni Board. And, our nicely attended Homecoming Reception was just the start of getting better engaged with the grads who inspire us to keep on keeping on.
- Truth be told: CCPA loves our Meadows School of the Arts Dean Sam Holland. Thank you, Dean Holland, for your unshakeable support and belief in us.
- Have you seen the industry rock stars on our Advisory Board? And the incredible array of internships available to CCPA majors? Such blessings.
- We work and study in the garden that is SMU. We are surrounded daily by what we call in my home state of Louisiana “good people.” We share laughter, tears, victories, and challenges. We are a CCPA family.
We wish you safe travels, laughter, joy and peace as you celebrate this Thanksgiving holiday.