Meet your summer CCPA Fellow, Alex Brody.
Things to Do When Moving to a New Home
Moving to a new home can be tough, getting acclimated to new surroundings, and even adjusting to the new culture. One of our newest professors at CCPA, Dr. Piyawan (Pui) Charoensap-Kelly, shared her experience moving to Texas and even her favorite things to do when moving to a new home!
What was your move like to Texas?
It was an interesting experience moving during a pandemic. We had to cancel our initial house hunting trip mid Spring 2020 with no clue about when we could reschedule. We spent the quarantine time working with our real estate agent remotely and making a list of houses we wanted to
United to Learn’s Communications Coordinator supports United to Learn’s mission and programs by building awareness, understanding and investment in U2L’s efforts to grow student achievement and expand our impact. This role works with internal and external stakeholders and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Support all marketing and communication efforts to help further our mission and vision.
- Assist with management of website including content updates in WordPress, optimizing SEO, analytics, daily maintenance to measure effectiveness.
- Assist with digital marketing strategies such as Google Ads, SEO, and paid social, measuring effectiveness and orchestrating ongoing efforts when needed.
- Plan and execute social media across all channels—writing copy, designing graphics and measuring effectiveness.
- Execute email efforts including writing copy, inserting graphics, importing mailing lists and reporting effectiveness.
- Support PR including posting press releases, tracking coverage and sharing media mentions via social
Improve your video production skills by learning from industry professionals. Attend the Research & Entrepreneurship Symposium hosted by Grant and K’ai Roberts Fu, Founders of Magnus Media Group. Their symposium is.
The symposium is titled Content Creation 101: How to DIY your Video Content and is scheduled next Wednesday, June 9, via Zoom. To register visit https://booking.smu.edu/calendar/engagedlearning/video
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of social media strategies for their clients as part of the overall marketing and communication efforts. They are responsible for ensuring consistency in voice throughout digital spaces, cultivating an active presence in the social media space. The ideal candidate will have a strong background leading social media efforts, combined with a thirst for innovation and passion for work.
The Public Relations Manager helps ensure the long-term success of our clients as we create integrated communications solutions to help share their stories and grow their business. As an integral member of our client consulting team, this position is responsible for consulting on, developing, and executing public relations strategies in support of campaigns, events, and business/product launches, as well as routine media outreach and response. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public relations, both writing and pitching stories, combined with a thirst for learning and a passion for work.