The Caroline M. Jones Memorial Scholarship was established as an endowed scholarship honoring Miss Caroline M. Jones, a staff member who served SMU for over 30 years. This scholarship is an endowment built from memorials given in her name by many alumni, staff, and faculty.
The winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship to be used towards tuition, fees, room, and board. The award will be issued over the course of one year; half awarded in fall 2021 and the remainder in spring 2022.* The winner will be notified by May 17, 2021.
* Any remaining funds after tuition, fees, room & board are paid will be returned to the Caroline M. Jones Memorial Scholarship fund.
To be eligible the student must be an undergraduate enrolled full-time, maintain an overall SMU GPA of 3.2 or higher, have no honor violations, disciplinary actions or make-leave decisions pending, and have demonstrated financial need. The student must also plan to be enrolled full-time for the 2021–2022 academic year. For eligibility requirements, please visit smu.edu/cmj.
Complete the following to apply:
- The Caroline M. Jones Memorial Scholarship Application at smu.edu/cmj
- Essay answering the following: Why is serving the community as relevant and important to your overall personal growth as your academic record? The essay should be 500-750 words, double-spaced, in Times New Roman, Arial, or Arial font at 12 points.
- Community Service Volunteer Resume (at SMU and elsewhere)
- A copy of your Degree Progress Report
- Submit all materials via the online application no later than 11:59pm on April 14, 2021.
For questions, please contact Lana D. Phillips, Vice President of Service and Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org