The early deadline for The Fund for American Studies Summer 2021 Business + Government Affairs Academic Internship Program and Journalism + Communications Academic Internship Program in Washington, DC is coming up on Dec. 8.
There are plans for multiple program formats, including in-person and virtual. Learn more about the programs here.
Summer 2021 Programs: June 5 – July 30
Early Deadline: Dec. 8
TFAS is awarding more 25 full-tuition + housing scholarships to help the best and brightest students attend the program. Please nominate outstanding students for special scholarship consideration. Program components include:
- Earn 3-6 Academic Course Credits from George Mason University.
- Guaranteed placement with an engaging internship with a major corporation or industry group.
- Furnished on-campus housing in the heart of D.C.
- Professional development and networking activities.
- Full tuition and housing scholarships are available.
Business + Government Relations Academic TFAS Internship Program
Gain Professional Experience
TFAS has been placing interns in Washington, D.C. for more than 50 years and has a vast network of connections. From the time you enroll in our program, dedicated staff will guide you through the placement process.
Whether you are looking for a career in business, law, government or public policy, Washington, D.C. is the place for you.
All businesses and industries need representation in Washington. You can grab a front row seat at:
- Major corporations such as eBay, Ford Motor Company or AT&T.
- Industry groups like Healthcare Leadership Council, American Financial Services Association or BSA The Software Alliance.
- Private firms such as Stateside Associates, Gravel Resources or The Hohlt Group.
Journalism + Communications Academic TFAS Internship Program
Summer 2021 in Washington, D.C.
You can practice journalism or communications anywhere, but spending a summer in the Nation’s Capital, covering issues of national and international importance is like no other experience.
Placements are available with:
- Online publications
- Corporate or nonprofit communications offices
- News Services
- PR firms
Grow Your Professional Network
Through the TFAS program, you can practice networking skills, make valuable connections, and gain insider job-seeking tips.
You’ll leave Washington better prepared to enter the post-college world, with a better idea of what you want to do and contacts who can help you get your foot in the door at prominent organizations.
- Professional Development Seminars
- Mentor Program
- Career Exploration Panels + Small Group Discussions
- Networking Roundtable Dinner with Program Alumni
Full + Partial Scholarships Available
TFAS strives to make the programs accessible and affordable to the best and brightest students regardless of financial status. Scholarships are awarded based on need and merit. Over 85% of students receive a full or partial award.
More than 25 scholarships that cover tuition and housing expenses will be provided to summer applicants on a rolling basis beginning on the December 8 early application deadline.
Awardees are responsible for the $500 program fee, travel to Washington and food/personal expenses during the program.
Seminar Series: Window Into Washington
This series of free online seminars will highlight public policy, economic and career-focused topics that bring some of the best TFAS speakers from Washington, D.C. to audiences around the country.
- Nov. 19: Reporting from Washington: Journalism Jobs in D.C.
- Dec. 1: Careers in Foreign Policy + International Relations
- Dec. 10: The Economics of Terrorism