This pandemic has created a varied level of depression across society. Watching the news keeps us informed, but can also create a sense of gloom and panic when every article you see is negative. Good news is still out there and we are sharing some of the articles that made us smile. Join us in celebrating some good news. Use these positive stories as motivation to make it through the rest of your week!
Good News For Your Wednesday
- Loft22 Cakes in Fort Worth is selling toilet paper shaped cakes. And these are selling out just as fast as the real thing! This bakery is selling cakes that look like rolls of toilet paper. Texans are going crazy for them.
- Animals are getting just as excited to see familiar faces as people are. This Rhino at the Fort Worth Zoo acts like a giant puppy as he sees his zookeeper comes by to say hello.
- “We’re all in this together!” The High School Musical cast is getting back together digitally to host an at-home sing-along special. Get ready to see Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman, and Lucas Grabeel on your TV screen again.
- This college student decided to make her own version of homemade face masks. What makes them special? They are designed for the deaf, hard of hearing community. The mask’s material is clear over the mouth area, allowing people to read lips, even while wearing the mask.
- Photographers are using this time to capture images from six feet away. They are traveling across town and photographing families on their front porches. Many of the photos highlight the silver lining of quarantine: many families are together again.
- Read this article that lists dozens of other DFW organizations doing a great job of moving their attractions and resources online during this time. Imagine virtual zoos, gardening tips from the Arboretum, and more.
To Find More Good News
To get good news on the daily, check out these resources that are dedicated to spreading positive stories:
- MSN has an entire webpage dedicated to good news
- The Today Show’s website has a webpage dedicated to positive stories
- Positive.News is a website that shares exactly what you would think: positive news
- SomeGoodNews is a YouTube channel that shares stories to make you smile
- Good News Dashboard is a website that was recently launched from right here in DFW