CALLING ALL GRAMMAR NERDS: WE’RE HIRING A SPRING 2019 PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Are you a self-proclaimed “grammar nerd” and a stickler for AP Style? Do you enjoy multitasking? Are you a self-starter and a team player? If you said “yes” to any of these questions, consider joining the Dala Communications team as our spring 2019 PR intern!
At Dala, we consider our interns to be a valuable part of the team. We encourage our interns to provide input and share ideas throughout the length of their internship.
Our interns get hands-on experience in a wide range of public relations and marketing activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Attending client meetings to learn how we execute and manage strategic PR plans
- Writing, editing and distributing press materials
- Developing and pitching stories to the media
- Attending print, radio, web and TV news interviews
- Tracking and reporting media coverage
- Learning how to plan, manage and track the success of an event
- Creating content for Dala’s social media channels
- Writing for The Dala Daily (our blog)
- Attending occasional PR industry events and participating in seminars, webinars and other professional training
Working within a client-focused team setting, interacting with all disciplines to get real-world experience and understanding of the collaborative nature of the agency environment.
Our PR firm handles a variety of accounts in industries ranging from commercial real estate and construction services to education and corporate social responsibility. We consider our team tiny but mighty and therefore need an intern willing to work hard and contribute along the way. A successful Dala intern is detail-oriented and a resourceful self-starter with a positive attitude. An understanding of media relations, social media and AP Style, along with strong written and verbal communication skills, are required.
The spring internship typically runs January through May. Hours are flexible with a minimum of 12 hours a week at our office. If you’re looking to get hands-on experience in the PR field, send your resume, cover letter, two writing samples and three professional references to [email protected] by Nov. 23rd no later than 4 p.m. Please, no phone calls. Applicants will be contacted directly.