Public relations, fashion media or communication majors.
Open to junior, senior, grad students or recent graduates.
Position is paid.
Jackson Public Relations is seeking an energetic, creative, detail-oriented junior, senior, grad student or recent graduate with excellent communication skills, and ability to multi-task. This internship is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in event management, digital media and public relations with a full-service boutique agency specializing in lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, and hospitality brands.
- Approximately 10-20 hours per week. Must be able to start in May 2019 (or earlier). Flexibility in working around class schedule. Occasional nights and weekends required.
- Monitor publications and assist with press clips and recaps
- Build and update media lists
- Assist with event planning and onsite management
- Assist with social media content development and monthly analytics reports for fashion, fitness and spa brands
- Calendar event listings
- Manage event RSVPs and check-in
- Assist with creation of media materials: press releases, pitches and invitations
- Public relations, marketing, fashion media or communications major
- Flexible schedule for onsite event support on nights and weekends
- Creative thinker, ability to multi-task, close attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, work well both independently and within a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter, seeks out additional work
- Familiarity with retail and hospitality