Posted by: Rebecca Hewitt
VOLK PR is seeking bright and motivated individuals for the Fall 2018 semester. They are looking for individuals with multi-tasking skills and outgoing personalities who can balance school and a fun, fast-paced internship.
VOLK PR handles a variety of clients across all verticals: lifestyle, fashion, fitness / health, entertainment, art, non-profit, restaurant, hotel, etc. The internship is a great opportunity to learn public relations first-hand, as it exposes interns to clients, events, writing, and the ever-changing lifestyle of a publicist.
They are looking for interns who can manage all major social media platforms, who have a sufficient understanding of Excel and Google Docs, and who are able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment. Being a quick learner and thinking outside of the box is a bonus!
In addition, interns must meet the following criteria:
- full-time / part-time college student or recent graduate living within the Dallas area
- fall semester commitment, working a minimum of 2-3 days each week
RESPONSIBILITIES may include:
- Attending and working events hosted by clients of VOLK PR
- Attending client meetings and actively taking notes
- Utilizing Meltwater, our media database (training is provided)
- Media tracking press hits and researching information for all clients and potential clients
- Contacting magazines and other publications regarding pitches, editorial / advertorial opportunities, editorial calendars, etc.
- Having a working knowledge of the Dallas area and significant influencers
- Managing VOLK PR’s social media platforms
- Writing client pitches and creating press releases
Flexible. Hours per day are based on the intern’s availability. Once a schedule is set, absences must be cleared two weeks in advance.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Alison Volk ([email protected]).