talkSTEM (http://talkstem.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that is focused on innovative STEM pedagogy and teacher development in all settings including prek-16 classrooms, out of school, and online. The intern who fills this position will play a very active and hands-on role in helping the organization with its public relations and marketing outreach. At the end of this internship, students will be ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, strong writing ability, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. This person must be a self-starter, a critical thinker and have a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Write and post content on all forms of social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Write press releases and other materials
- Develop ideas and write blog posts
- Design social media posts, flyers, postcards and other basic graphics using any of the Adobe Suite software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) or Canva
- Capture video and/or audio clips as needed for website and social media
- Assist with marketing and promoting activities
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply. Knowledge of Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), audio/video editing skills are also preferred.
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism
10 – 20 per week, but may vary more or less depending on activities scheduled.
Minimum wage ($7.25/hour) or more depending on experience