7-Eleven, Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious public relations/communications student who is ready to unleash their awesome within. At 7-Eleven, we strive to be an ingenious accomplice –this sidekick but way better — for our customers, and we are looking for an ingenious accomplice to add to our corporate communications team. Applicants can expect to acquire competitive skills while learning how internal and external communications impacts a global corporation. The team is looking for a detail-oriented, self-starting, creative thinker who exhibits excellent time management skills, curiosity, optimism, inventiveness, confidence and humility.
- Draft content for company communications channels (i.e. newsletters, video scripts, mailers, internal emails, media materials, etc.)
- Create and execute communication plans
- Pitch story angles to the media
- Assist with video shoots
- Perform media monitoring and reporting
- Maintain corporate website
- Research industry trends
- Develop presentations and decks for team
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Junior, senior or recent graduate majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Solid understanding of business etiquette
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Past internship experience, especially in an agency-setting, is preferred
- Boundless and bold ideation
- Awe-inspiring intuition
- Ready-for-anything attitude
- Selfless empowerment
This is a paid internship, but is available for course credit. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours weekly. It is temporarily remote.
If you are interested in activating awesome and being an ingenious accomplice sounds right for you, please email your resume and writing samples to Amanda.Rule@7-11.com. Please include “Summer Internship” in the subject line. The deadline is Friday, April 9th at 5 pm CT.