7-Eleven, Inc., the world’s largest convenience retailer, is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious public relations/communications student to assist with internal, external and Franchisee communications at their corporate headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Applicants can expect to acquire competitive skills while learning how communications fits into a global corporation. The team is looking for a detail-oriented, self-starting, creative thinker who exhibits excellent time management skills.
This is a paid, full or part time opportunity.
Applicants must have strong communication skills and should be an upcoming senior or recent graduate majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of business etiquette. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Past internship experience, especially in an agency-setting, is preferred.
- Draft content for company communications channels (i.e. newsletters, mailers, Franchisee app etc.)
- Create and execute communication plans
- Pitch story angles to the media
- Assist with media responses
- Perform media monitoring
- Maintain corporate website
- Update Franchisee smartphone app
- Manage creative asset database
- Research industry trends
- Other responsibilities as needed
If you are interested in the Fall 2019 Corporate Communications Internship with 7-Eleven, you may email a resume and cover letter to Dea Pennington at Dea.Pennington@7-11.com. Please include “Internship” in the subject line.
- Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Fall 2019 (generally September – November)
- How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
- Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
No hours can be worked from home
- Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
- Is this internship paid?
- How much per hour will the intern be paid?
- Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
- Organization Info:
7-Eleven, Inc. 3200 Hackberry Rd Irving, TX 75063
- Contact Info:
Dea Pennington, 7-Eleven Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org