Akola seeks an exceptionally motivated and highly organized candidate to provide critical support to the Product team. The Product Assistant Intern reports directly to Akola’s Director of Product and works closely alongside Akola’s Product and Design team on a wide range of logistical and support operations. The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced environment for the timely and effective completion of responsibilities to support the Akola team.
• Assist the Product team with shipping and logistics internally and to buyers
• Assist the Director of Product with multiple simultaneously occurring projects that include, but not limited to, sample tracking both internal and externally, shipped vendor raw material tracking both internally and externally, etc
• Organization and sorting of in house jewelry materials. Which includes, but not limited to, sorting, verifying quantity /quality, labeling, and storing.
• Check-in materials as they arrive from local and global vendors to the Akola Dallas office. Which includes, but not limited to, receiving boxes and opening to do the following with the product, verifying quantity/quality, labeling, and distributing internal and externally.
• Assist with photography and trunk show preparation
• Occasionally, support the Product team by taking samples to vendors
• Occasionally, represent Akola at product-related events
* Please note, this is not a design position
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• The ideal candidate will thrive in a startup company culture, be a self-starter and balance highly detailed projects with creative thinking
• Must be currently pursuing a 4-year bachelor’s degree (Junior or Senior level standing – located in Dallas metro area).
• Highly organized with the ability to handle simultaneous projects and multi-task
• Self-starter who takes initiative by anticipating needs in a support capacity
• Must have a car and be willing to drive locally
• Demonstrated passion for the mission and work of Akola
• Excellent team player mentality as well as willing to be flexible and adaptable to whatever the situation at hand may be.
Please send cover letters and resumes to Carolina Herrera at email@example.com
About Akola Project
Akola, “she works,” is a disruptive jewelry brand – sold in every door at Neiman Marcus and beyond – that empowers women in poverty in Dallas and Uganda to redesign their stories.
Akola Project is a social enterprise jewelry brand which works to empower marginalized women in Uganda and Dallas, TX. Since 2007, Akola has helped over 500 women transform the lives over 5,000 children in their communities by providing training and economic opportunity. As a non-profit, Akola has launched programs in 12 development categories, built three training centers and drilled 23 water wells in impoverished communities throughout Uganda.
Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
fall-2019 (generally September – November)
How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
no-hours can be worked from home
Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
411 N AKARD STREET, SUITE 150, DALLAS, TX 75214