Akola seeks an exceptionally motivated and highly organized candidate to provide critical support to the Sales team. The Sales Intern reports directly to Akola’s Sales & Merchandising Director and works closely across all departments on a wide range of operations including sales reporting, trunk shows, copywriting, and marketing metrics. The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced environment for the timely and effective completion of responsibilities to support the Akola team.
• Support Akola’s sales team by assisting in pulling sales reports and tracking marketing metrics
• Assist with product set up, inventory management, and merchandising on the website
• Assist in product photography execution and photoshopping needs
• Work to generate website traffic and sales
• Monitor key performance indicators and generate reports for the Marketing and Sales team
• Assist in maintaining social media and e-commerce website to contain the most up-to-date information reflecting promotions and special events
• Assist with seasonal marketing campaigns if applicable
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• The ideal candidate will thrive in a startup company culture, be a self-starter and balance highly detailed projects with creative thinking
• Must be currently pursuing a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a similar field (Junior or Senior level standing – located in Dallas metro area)
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
• Excellent team player mentality as well as willing to be flexible and adaptable to whatever the situation at hand may be.
• Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a matrixed team
• E-Commerce and website administration experience (preferred)
• Must have sales and retail math knowledge
• Must be highly organized with excellent follow up and execution skills
• Demonstrates a passion for the mission and work of Akola
Please send cover letters and resumes to Carolina Herrera at email@example.com.
About Akola Project
Akola, “she works,” is a disruptive jewelry brand – sold in every door at Neiman Marcus and beyond – that empowers women in poverty in Dallas and Uganda to redesign their stories.
Akola Project is a social enterprise jewelry brand which works to empower marginalized women in Uganda and Dallas, TX. Since 2007, Akola has helped over 500 women transform the lives over 5,000 children in their communities by providing training and economic opportunity. As a non-profit, Akola has launched programs in 12 development categories, built three training centers and drilled 23 water wells in impoverished communities throughout Uganda.
Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
fall-2019 (generally September – November)
How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
no-hours can be worked from home
Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
Is this internship paid?
411 N AKARD STREET, SUITE 150, DALLAS, TX 75214