The Center for Global Health Impact and the Institute for Leadership Impact, which share an office in Annette Caldwell Simmons Hall, are seeking an individual to assist with communications, research, and various administrative duties.
- Describe Internship
Communications & Research Specialist
Center for Global Health Impact and Institute for Leadership Impact at Southern Methodist University
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, keen attention to detail, the ability to work independently and in a team setting, a creative spirit, and an artistic eye. Experience with the graphic design program Canva, cultivating an organization’s brand on social media, working with Apple operating systems, creating blog posts, copyediting, and editing with professional film editing programs like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is preferred. Previous experience conducting interviews and working in eLearning development programs such as Rise 360 by Articulate is helpful.
Responsibilities of this position include:
· Creating social media posts
· Writing blog posts and other copy
· Designing graphics and presentations
· Creating promotional and informational videos
· Photographing and filming events on campus
· Assisting with course content creation
· Supporting global health and leadership research
· Assisting with general office and administrative tasks
· Assisting with the planning and execution of events on the SMU campus
· Developing eLearning coursework
· Greeting visitors to the office
- Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Spring 2020 (generally February – April)
- How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
More than 15 hours
- Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
No hours can be worked from home
- Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
- Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
- Is this internship paid?
- How much per hour will the intern be paid?
- Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
- Organization Info:
Center for Global Health Impact and Institute for Leadership Impact
Southern Methodist University
Annette Caldwell Simmons Hall Ste. 135
3101 University Blvd
Dallas, Texas 75205
- Contact Info:
Institute for Leadership Impact | Southern Methodist University
email@example.com | @SMULeadImpact