At Dala Communications, we’re not just in the business of communicating – we’re good business communicators. Dala’s team is built upon a foundation of strategic thinkers, enabling us to deliver solutions that are sound, smart, creative and, most importantly, successful. We put public relations strategies in motion and have been successful in doing so for several decades.
We’re looking for a sharp and savvy intern for the spring 2020 semester who is energetic and eager to learn the inner workings of a PR agency. The Dala Communications paid internship program offers communications/PR/journalism students the opportunity to work closely with our team on projects for clients in a range of industries including education, commercial real estate, finance and engineering. From research and pitching story ideas to media to event coordination and social media content creation, interns will get an array of hands-on PR experience that will be useful in their future careers. For a snapshot of what our internship program is like, click here to hear from one of our past interns about his experience at Dala. Follow us on Instagram to get a glimpse of some of our latest projects and workplace culture!
If you’re ready to jump in and set your career in motion, we want to hear from you.
What are we looking for in an intern?
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a self-starter with an eye for details.
- Organization and time management skills.
- You prefer to work in a team environment and are eager to learn.
- You are an undergraduate college student majoring in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Your first public relations and journalism classes have been completed.
- You’re available to spend a minimum of 12-15 hours per week with us in our Dallas office.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Drafting, editing and distributing media materials including pitches, media alerts, news releases, executive bios, fact sheets, media briefing materials and more
- Researching the everchanging media landscape in a variety of areas/industries, by creating and maintaining media lists
- Tracking media coverage and creating/updating coverage reports for clients
- Finding proactive pitching opportunities for our clients by pulling editorial calendars and creating a pitch plan
- Helping our clients stand out by researching award opportunities, industry conferences and placement opportunities in key media outlets
- Assisting with the development and execution of PR plans that support clients’ goals and objectives
- Assist with on-site events and support in-person media interviews
- Assist with social media planning and content development for clients
- Draft creative social media posts and blog articles for the agency
- Attend occasional PR industry events with agency team members
Work within a client-focused team setting, interact with all disciplines to get real-world experience and understand the collaborative nature of the agency environment
- Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Spring 2020 (generally February – April)
- How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
- Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
No hours can be worked from home
- Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
- Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
- Is this internship paid?
- We are sorry but we only accept paid internship requests from for-profit organizations. Please exit this form. Thank you.
- How much per hour will the intern be paid?
- Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
- Organization Info:
4144 N. Central Expressway, Suite 305
Dallas, TX 75204
- Contact Info:
Please apply by sending your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Elizabeth LaMonte, Elizabeth@DalaCommunications.com and Kelly Morris, Kelly@DalaCommunications.com by November 6th. Interviews will be conducted throughout the second and third weeks of November. Feel free to email us with any questions. No phone calls, please.