JOB TITLE: Public Relations & Marketing Intern
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position would offer assistance with the public relations, digital media and marketing projects at EMB Chrysalis Foundation. This internship supports, EMB Chrysalis Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization dedicated to equipping and enriching individuals from all walks of life with the tools and resources necessary to be well from the inside out. The position is a non-paid, part-time internship and can be credit-based with a time commitment of 15 hours per week.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategy and tactics for an assortment of clients in a variety of industries
- Perform social media market research
- Collect and analyze marketing data to develop and adjust marketing plans
- Assist in the creation of client presentations and agreements
- Assemble/create client activity reports
- Assist in marketing and public relations projects with outside vendors/partners
- Maintain good client relations through professionalism in all functions of customer service
- Assist in the coordination of tasks and deliverables between client, production and any doing other third parties
- Contribute to EMB Chrysalis Foundation website, blogs, online newspaper, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Perform other duties as requested
- Have a clear understanding and be able to work in the following digital and print marketing channels defined as:
- Content Creation/Social Media Management
- Media Planning/Buying
- Social Media
- Marketing/Collateral/Direct Mail
- Special Events
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE:
- College student majoring in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or communications desired
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized and task-oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Spring 2020 (generally February – April)
How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
Some hours can be worked from home
Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
Is this internship paid?
Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
Organization Info: EMB Chrysalis FoundationP. O. Box 719Lancaster, Texas 75146 http://www.embchrysalisfoundation.org
Contact Info: Emily Michelle BlueFounder, President and CEO firstname.lastname@example.org