Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Fellow to join our dynamic Austin team for an immediate start. This is a formal fellowship designed to help further develop essential communications, strategic planning, research, and media skills.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and skillful writer who can manage deadlines for multiple clients, while still creating quality work. We’re looking for a solution-oriented team player with a positive attitude and a proactive approach.
- Monitoring relevant industry news for daily/weekly client monitoring reports
- Conducting research and compiling detailed information on industry events and activities in support of presentation deliverables to C-level executives
- Drafting press materials and press releases
- Conducting media outreach and scheduling client interviews with reporters, staffing interviews when needed
- Actively participating in team, staff and client meetings and proactively seeking and sharing relevant information when appropriate
- Proactively working with supervisors to establish and track career goals, training and skill-building needs
- Assisting team members with additional assignments as needed
We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for 6 months.
- Undergraduate degree needed, and a plus if it’s in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Public Affairs
- Previous corporate communications and/or public relations agency-based internship experience preferred
- Strong research skills with the ability to analyze and summarize findings
- Excellent writer with knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Social media savvy
- Self-starter who is eager to learn and jump in on multiple projects
- Organized, poised, personable team player able to think on your feet
- Energetic problem solver with excellent multitasking skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Creative design skills also a plus (PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
500 North Akard Street, Suite 2125
Dallas, TX 75201
This is a paid fellowship that could potentially result in a job offer for the student, but is not available for course credit. All hours can be worked from home.
If you are interested in this fellowship, please reach out to Caroline Curran at email@example.com