Communication Intern for Summer 2020
Purpose of Job: The Interstate Batteries Summer Internship Program will provide the opportunity for a gifted college student to join us as we strive to achieve our corporate goals in our various departments. Through the program, there will be chances to be entrusted with projects, to network with executives and leaders, and to give back to the community.
- Internal and operational communications: research, write and distribute communications across all audiences, including distributors, franchisees and team members, utilizing email distribution software and company intranet
- Partner with communications coordinators to develop and update communications metrics and analytics dashboard
- Create and maintain banners for the company intranet
- Participate in and observe a variety of meetings and company events including weekly communications staff meetings, town halls, etc.
- Current student – junior or senior standing preferred, pursuing a degree in Communications, Communication Studies, Journalism, or PR
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to incorporate company voice and understanding of AP style.
- Willingness to be part of a creative team and function effectively in a group
- Listens carefully, incorporates comments, and creatively and consistently produces high-quality work.
- Command of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Full-time summer hours (up to 40 hrs per week)
- 6+ week commitment (June 1st – Aug 14th)
- Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Summer 2020 (generally June – August)
- How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
More than 15 hours
- Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
No hours can be worked from home
- Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
- Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
- Is this internship paid?
- How much per hour will the intern be paid?
- Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
- Organization Info:
12770 Merit Drive Suite 1000,
Dallas, TX 75251
- Contact Info:
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Summer Internship Program