Leadership Women America is looking for a Fall intern for 2019 to fill their Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator position.
Leadership Women America, a national nonprofit based in Dallas, is at the forefront, helping women and their organizations build intentional leaders. It is a simple truth: What helps advance a woman in her leadership journey is both good for business and good for society as a whole. Our mission is to ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic, and public life.
The determination that drove the founders over 42 years ago remains alive today, empowering women across the globe. A Leadership Women Leader is someone who wants to LEARN, LEAD and leave a LEGACY.
The Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator will be directly accountable to the Chief Operating Officer and will work with other members of the team, as needed.
- Establish Social Media Master Calendar – Set up /Train on Hootsuite for rolling posts to include LinkedIn and Facebook, mirroring our Marketing Plan Facebook Post and LinkedIn schedules
- Post daily on agreed upon social media sites
- Set targets for social media engagement numbers and establish tactics to increase engagement
- Establish/train on best app for social media posts to create consistent look for program speaker announcements across all programs (background and graphics)
- Create master marketing plan for 2020 National Summit in Atlanta, including identifying 20-30 target organizations in Georgia for direct marketing; Include progressive save-the-date messages to be sent to graduates and sponsors for Summit
- Recommend further improvements for existing website and create ‘look and feel’ for Summit webpage
- Accompany the CEO and COO to selected meetings and programs to better understand the breadth and objectives of programs and operations
1. Current full-time college student for the fall semester with coursework and/or experience in public relations, marketing, public affairs, communication, social media or related fields
2. Excellent written and oral communications
3. Poised and comfortable relating to diverse audiences
4. Dependable self-starter, problem solver, organized and detail oriented, while able to see the big picture.
5. Previous experience with nonprofits and/or social media for an organization a plus
Dates of Employment
150 hours; negotiable time period, preferred during September to December 6, 2019
Academic credit plus a $1,500 stipend
Please contact Linda Crompton (email@example.com) if you are interested in the position.