About the Company
Committed to achievement for all New York City youth, Roads to Success promotes academic, personal, and professional development through out-of-school-time programs built on a philosophy of self-discovery. We create and sustain an environment where young people find their identity, build their independence, and practice generosity in their communities.
Roads to Success is seeking a passionate and experienced social media contributor to join their team in Spring 2021. The intern’s core focus will be on daily social platform management and monitoring. They will work closely with members of our Development Department and play a critical role in growing our community engagement.
- Lead social community management and monitoring efforts of select social channels (primarily Instagram)
- Grow and moderate online community by managing all responses to comments, requests, and queries
- Post images to grid and feeds on pre-determined schedule as needed, in a timely manner
- Opportunity to brainstorm and potentially activate on new social media channels with approved tactics
- 1+ years proven experience in social media
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms including Instagram and Facebook, (Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok a plus)
- Collaborative, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask while remaining communicative
- Ability to work from home with reliable internet and computer access
- Interest in non-profit/educational services encouraged but not required
This part time internship is unpaid and is available for CCPA credirt; must meet at least 10 hours per week to receive credit. Applicants should expect 5-10 hours/week with flexibility. Additionally, a 3-month- minimal duration is preferred.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Director of Development, Davis M. Connelly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and one reference.