SMU Dallas Social Media Junior Intern This position reports to the Social Media Manager and is responsible for assisting in creating short-form content for SMU Dallas on TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts. The Intern will focus on telling stories of student experiences in a way that grows our audience and deepens meaningful engagement. The ideal candidate is someone who has short-form video editing experience for TikTok, Reels, or Shorts and has demonstrated experience writing fun, engaging copy. They should be a self-starter who can execute on ideas from start to finish. The position is available to start immediately and will last through May 2022 with an option to continue next summer. Soft skills:
- Able to make quick decisions, adaptable
- Written and verbal communication
- Well organized
- Intentional learn creative skills:
- Basic photo or video production in apps or the Adobe Suite
- Basic photoproduction; post-production in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or apps
- Basic video production; post-production in Adobe Premiere or apps
- Basic audio recording; post-production in Adobe Premiere, Audition, or apps
- Social media management, graphic design, and motion graphics are a plus Expectations:
- Understands and reflects the mission of Marketing and Communications.
- Adaptable; keeps up with trends on TikTok, Reels, and Shorts.
- Creates work with a moderate to a small number of production errors.
- Uses online resources to learn new skills with a moderate amount of guidance.
- Drives the creative process from start to finish.
- Researches and pitches their own ideas on occasion with moderate guidance.
- Confident in seeking out and coordinating with student talent with little guidance. Approaches others professionally.
- Creates and follows production schedules in project management software with moderate guidance.
- Open to documenting campus events that may fall outside of regular work hours on occasion.
- Collects information and signatures necessary for legal waivers and releases.
- Collaborates with coworkers and peers across campus.
Students will be working on their own laptops and need to have the Adobe Creative Suite installed. Students may be asked to conduct shoots off-site and in the evenings on occasion, at their discretion.
Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Fall 2021 (generally September – November)
How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
Some hours can be worked from home
Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
Is this internship paid?
How much per hour will the intern be paid?
Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
Southern Methodist University, Development, and External Affairs within Marketing and Communications Team Perkins Administration Buildingsmu.edu
Kaytlin Nowell email@example.com