Office of Engaged Learning – SMU Incubator Seeks Public Relations Intern
The Office of Engaged Learning sponsors university-wide undergraduate research and entrepreneurship programs. Active at any given time there are:
- 70 Engaged Learning Fellows, from all disciplines, doing capstone research projects
- 120 Undergraduate Researchers working side-by-side with top SMU faculty and staff
- 30 Undergraduate Entrepreneurs and their companies/organizations in Big iDeas and the Incubator@SMU
- 15 or more Alumni Entrepreneurs and their companies/organizations working at the Incubator@SMU
- 25 or more members of the SMU’s ESports Club Members building a team in the Incubator@SMU
There are an abundance of stories to tell and amazing work to share with SMU and the Dallas community. Our programs are central to goals for the university’s strategic plan but our office struggles to meet its full potential for outreach, communications, and storytelling. For Spring 2020, we are seeking a semester-long public relations intern to provide a minimum of 150 semester work hours (or 10 hours per week) and complete the following:
- 2-3 interviews per week with students and faculty engaged in our programs. These interviews will be captured in written form for storytelling, and cataloged for future promotions through social media outlets, our website, or newsletters, etc.
- 1 blog written every two to three weeks for the SMU Incubator Web Page.
- Support for improving our social media posts and plans.
- 1-2 Op-Eds drafted and potentially brought to publication.
- Attendance at special events hosted by the Office of Engaged Learning.
- If time permits, design a small and sustainable strategic communication plan.
We will offer $10.00 per hour to our intern.
Our intern’s main office is at Incubator@SMU in Expressway Towers, 6116 North Central Expressway on the SMU East Campus. Our Intern will also work in our Clements Hall Offices (G1-3), and will be expected to travel by foot across campus, and may be asked to join the team on or off-campus for interviews or events.
Please send your questions or resume and letter of intent to:
Jennifer Ebinger, Director of SMU’s Office of Engaged Learning