The Intersessions office mission is to provide support for SMU students and faculty participating in Intersessions courses on the SMU Dallas campus (JanTerm, MayTerm, June-July Sessions).
- Describe Internship
The Intersessions office mission is to provide support for SMU students and faculty participating in Intersessions courses on the SMU Dallas campus (JanTerm, MayTerm, June-July Sessions). Students working with Intersessions will assist with student recruiting, social media, website maintenance, event staffing, and other communications with students, faculty, and staff. With this position, we are ideally looking for someone who could return in Fall of 2020, and there may be opportunity for Summer employment as well (though this is not required).
– Assisting staff with administrative duties such as answering basic questions about Intersessions programs, managing spreadsheets, and preparing promotional materials to distribute across campus.
– Assisting staff with marketing initiatives, which may include participating in weekly marketing meetings, editing text and/or graphics for advertisements, maintaining social media and website, and helping with promotional events outside of the office.
– Assisting with special projects and providing other services as assigned by Intersessions staff.
– Should be reliable, organized, energetic, and comfortable communicating with others verbally, in messages, and face to face.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
– Minimum CGPA: 3.0.
– Must be available to work 10-20 hours a week.
– Availability to work Monday through Friday during business hours (8:30am – 5pm).
– Undergraduate student eligible for Federal Work Study.
– Student with valid driver’s license.
– Some availability to work between 11am-2pm.
– Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
– Experience in video production/editing.
– Students studying or having experience in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Graphic Design are encouraged to apply.
To apply, go to smu.joinhandshake.com, log in and search “Intersessions” to locate the job listing. Submit a resume and cover letter by February 28, 2020.
- Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Spring 2020 (generally February – April)
- How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
- Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
SOME hours can be worked from home
- Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
- Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
- Is this internship paid?
- How much per hour will the intern be paid?
- Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
- Organization Info:
Laura Lee Blanton Building, Room 102
PO Box 750272
Dallas, TX 75275
- Contact Info:
Dr. Maeve Skidmore
email@example.com (please note there is no ‘e’ at the end of Skidmore)