SPM Communications is currently seeking candidates with PR experience for full-time, paid internships for its 2020 internship program, currently planned for winter 2020.
Interns must be motivated to learn exceptional media relations, account service and strategy skills, and also equally eager to contribute to SPM clients’ success. SPM interns are “cross-trained” on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and learn key skills to launch a career in public relations.
The position is a minimum of 20 hours per week with the potential to increase to 40 hours per week.
Requirements for SPM’s PR internships must:
- Be Dallas-based or willing to relocate
- Be a college senior or recent graduate with a communications-related major.
- Have at least one prior PR internship.
- Be a self-motivated thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Have experience in social media campaign development/execution and social listening/monitoring
- Be responsive to direction and able to share ideas within a group to help move our clients’ businesses forward.
- Be well-versed in AP style and familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with PR measurement and media research tools, such as Critical Mention and Muck Rack, is a plus.
- Be a strong fit for our inclusive “No Jerks” SPM culture of respect and collaboration.
Ranked the eighth largest independent PR firm in Texas and in the top 25 nationally in the food/beverage PR category by O’Dwyer’s, SPM promotes and protects iconic food, restaurant, retail, and franchise brands through public and media relations, social media strategy, and crisis management. SPM’s “no-jerks” policy, which was featured in The Wall Street Journal, is the core of SPM’s culture. SPM hires great people to work on great brands it trusts and respects in an atmosphere of mutual respect among company leaders, clients, and team members.
SPM was named 2020 PR News Best Places to Work.
Street Address: 2332 Irving Blvd #110
Zip Code: 75207
If you are interested in applying, please send your resumé and two writing samples to Luz Verduzco.