VOLK PR is seeking bright and motivated individuals for the Spring 2020 semester. We are looking for individuals with multi-tasking skills and outgoing personalities who can balance school and a fun, fast-paced internship.
VOLK PR handles a variety of clients across all verticals: lifestyle, fashion, fitness / health, entertainment, art, non-profit, restaurant, hotel, etc. The internship is a great opportunity to learn public relations first-hand, as it exposes interns to clients, events, writing, and the ever-changing lifestyle of a publicist.
We are looking for interns who can manage all major social media platforms, who have a sufficient understanding of Excel and Google Docs, and who are able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment. Being a quick learner and thinking outside of the box is a bonus!
In addition, interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time / part-time college student or recent graduate living within the Dallas area
- Are able to make a spring semester commitment, working a minimum of 2-3 days each week
RESPONSIBILITIES may include:
- Attending and working events hosted by clients of VOLK PR
- Attending client meetings and actively taking notes
- Utilizing Cision, our media database (training is provided)
- Media tracking press hits and researching information for all clients and potential clients
- Contacting magazines and other publications regarding pitches, editorial / advertorial opportunities, editorial calendars, etc.
- Having a working knowledge of the Dallas area and significant influencers
- Managing VOLK PR’s social media platforms
- Writing client pitches and creating press releases
We are very flexible when working with an intern’s weekly schedule. Hours per day are based on the intern’s availability. Once a schedule is confirmed, we expect the intern to follow it. Each absence must be cleared two weeks in advance.
- Tell us the time period you would like the intern to work.
Spring 2020 (generally February – April)
- How many hours per week is the intern expected to work?
- Can the intern work some or part of their time from home?
No hours can be worked from home
- Are you willing to complete the forms necessary to allow students to receive course credit for this internship?
- Is your organization for-profit or non-profit?
- Is this internship paid?
- We are sorry but we only accept paid internship requests from for-profit organizations. Please exit this form. Thank you.
We are sorry but we only accept paid internship requests from for-profit organizations. Please exit this form. Thank you.
- How much per hour will the intern be paid?
- Is it possible for this internship to result in a job offer for the student?
- Organization Info:
4228 N Central Expy #215
Dallas, TX 75206
- Contact Info:
Please submit your resumé and cover letter to Meagan McGregor (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive a response within a week if we are interested in bringing you in for an interview.