Beacon Hill Preparatory Institute (BHPI) is a non-profit organization that provides Math & Reading supplemental tutoring & Enrichments to high-risk students in South Dallas and surrounding communities through in-school, after-school, and summer programming. BHPI seeks to hire a Development Coordinator. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Job Description: Development Coordinator
The Development Coordinator’s role is to provide critical support on all Fundraising & Corporate Partnership initiatives. The Development Coordinator would receive health care coverage with organization contribution and generous vacation and sick leave, and he or she will report to the BHPI President and Executive Director.
- Manage the Donor Database including:
- Gift entry and processing including working with Accounting to reconcile donor financial reports;
- Keeping donor records updated related to donor cultivation and relationships, solicitation and stewardship via entry of information provided by the Executive Director and fundraising volunteers;
- Maintaining and updating prospect pipeline and running any database reports, as needed.
- Work with the Executive Director to keep the prospect/donor pipeline updated and maintain proposal, grant and report deadlines calendar;
- Work with Executive Director and use CRM system to ensure timely and appropriate acknowledgment of all gifts and pledges to maintain donor communication and relationships;
- Draft and prepare donor acknowledgment letters, Thank You letters, tax donation letters, payment reminders and/or donor invoices.
- Help prepare materials for donor meetings and assemble presentations, proofread proposals and reports and donor communications whether printed or electronic;
- Build and maintain donor and prospect mailing and invitation lists to ensure mailings and e-communications are completed in an accurate, targeted, and timely fashion;
- Manage meeting and event coordination and logistics including, scheduling, handling RSVPs and guest registration at programs and events as well as assisting the Executive Director with any follow-up post-events or initiatives;
- Assist with prospect research using internet and wealth-screening database;
- Prepare first drafts of proposal and communication materials
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop ideas for new fundraising initiatives;
- Lead tours of In-School & After School programming including (BHPI) Literacy & Math Labs and corporate office locations
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years professional administrative experience preferably with a non-profit fundraising team
- Comfort in speaking with new people and sharing (BHPI) mission and vision essential.
- Must have experience with donor databases/customer relationship management software; (BHPI currently uses Donor Perfect and Grant Hub. Ability to migrate data to a different database if needed)
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Word;
- Proficiency in Salesforce and/or Asana is a plus but not required. On the job training if needed.
- Proficient in the use of internet platforms including wealth-screening databases;
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibility and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to travel to (BHPI) Literacy and Math labs and lead tours for donors and volunteers.
Beacon Hill Preparatory Institute
Street Address: 1402 Corinth Street
Zip Code: 75215
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume along with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and your unique skills and passions to Charnella Derry at firstname.lastname@example.org.