The Circle Ten Council of the Boy Scouts of America seeks to hire a full-time District Sales and Marketing Executive. Learn more about this position, and apply today!
The Boy Scouts of America is seeking energetic and self-motivated individuals to serve as a District Executive in local communities. This is a sales & leadership career that demands growth in all areas – recruiting youth, raising sustainable finances, and working with top community leaders.
It comes as a surprise to many that Scouting is a solid, paid profession. Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference – work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
Compensation and Benefits
The Circle Ten Council of the Boy Scouts of America offers a multitude of benefits for professionals. The benefits offered are considered to be among the best in the nonprofit sector.
The package includes major medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage in addition to long-term disability, accident, and life insurance, and retirement plans.
The minimum starting salary for a professional Scouter in a beginning leadership position is $48,000. Annual salary adjustments are based on an individual’s merit contributions and overall performance. An allowance for both vehicle and mobile phone are provided.
Annual professional training opportunities are provided during the first three years at the National BSA Scouting University. There are a variety of other training opportunities, as well as constant on the job training.
Do you have the background needed for a career as a Scouting professional? Our self-starting leaders are frequently called upon to multi-task and combine many skills to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- United States citizenship or declared intention to become a U.S. citizen
- Adult – 21 years of age
- People-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
- Able to work varied hours when necessary to achieve positive objectives/willing to work evenings and 1 – 2 weekends per month
- Willing to relocate within the 24 counties of the Circle Ten Council – must live in or near the geographical territory that you serve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Believe in the BSA and willing to subscribe to its principles and standards
- Eligible to receive a professional Scouting commission – a criminal background will be performed
- Bilingual skills are a plus!
The Circle Ten Council of the Boy Scouts of America
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values and leadership opportunities with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes, and through nearly a century of experience, understands that helping develop youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Street Address: 8605 Harry Hines Blvd.
Zip Code: 75235
If you are interested in applying for this full-time job position, please send your resumé to Michael Garcia.