Responsible for supporting external communications team initiatives within Children’s Health, including media relations outreach and social media content creation. Creates and implements communications content and campaigns with the goal of enriching Children’s Health communications with external constituencies, including media outlets, Children’s Health social media followers, and/or the general public. Maintains strong relationships with key individuals throughout the organization. The communications coordinator demonstrates the core values of Children’s Health – Selfless Service, Passionate Advocacy, Commitment to Excellence and Unwavering Integrity.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Support External Communications team by researching and developing new story ideas to promote Children’s Health programs, services, experts and locations to distribute to media outlets and on Children’s Health social media channels.
- Draft social media content for Children’s Health social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Implement media relations and social media initiatives for health and wellness campaigns, clinical programs, events, and external system announcements as well as Children’s Medical Center Foundation initiatives as needed.
- Develop and distribute daily news email to internal stakeholders at Children’s Health.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts locally and nationally.
- Handle incoming media calls (by phone, through email and via the Media Relations inbox) and respond in a timely manner, within 4-8 hours. Flag to other appropriate stakeholders when necessary.
- Staff media interviews and third-party filming projects involving Children’s Health subject matter experts.
- Staff events on campus at Children’s Health where third-party photographers and/or media are present.
- Prepare briefing materials and talking points for certain external communications initiatives.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics, including interviews with media outlets or patient stories for social media content.
- At least 1 year of job related experience.
- At least 1 year of previous work experience in marketing, corporate communications, non-profit, or agency communications
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, English or related field preferred)
To apply, email your resumé to Children’s Health’s External Communications Manager, Virginia Hock: firstname.lastname@example.org.