The External Communications Manager will provide high-quality, high-impact communications support for Neiman Marcus Group corporate initiatives. This includes media relations, financial communications, issues and crisis management, and social media. This role will help to positively educate and influence external stakeholders as it relates to the company’s strategy and transformation.
- Job Description
Responsible for assisting the Vice President, Corporate Communications in creating and executing the strategy, writing content, preparing reports, fielding media and other speaking opportunities.
Public Relations: Create and implement PR activities for NMG that improve its perception and reputation. Develop and create content for press releases, social media, speaking engagements and media outreach.
Social Media: Help develop a social media strategy for NMG’s CEO and others on the executive team. Create content for blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook and other social channels.
PR tools: Create and maintain various document s and tools to assist in carrying out effective public relations, including corporate fact sheets, media lists, intranet site, measurement and reporting, among other duties.
General Communications: Keep the corporate narrative fresh and updated. Leverage that in working with internal and external stakeholders. Review and edit the content of communication materials to ensure content meets established communication standards and guidelines before publication. Ensures approvals are coordinated appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience in corporate communications or public relations.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing, editing and presenting skills.
- Demonstrated success in media relations, and track record of relationship building with journalists.
- Knowledge and prior use of PR and social tools.
- Ability to influence outcomes.
- Executive presence required.
- Experience in writing corporate blogs and other social media communications; expertise in LinkedIn.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Organization Name
1618 Main St.,
Dallas, Texas, 75201
- Email Address