Plano Independent School District (ISD) serves students in Plano and is looking for an Assistant Director of Broadcasting.
- Describe Job
Supervise the production of communications collaterals for a variety of internal and external audiences through multiple media platforms, specializing in high quality video content. Manage the collaboration between the communications department and Career and Technical Education (CTE) department to produce videos with student support, including establishing an editorial calendar to help in the development of audio-visual curricular content for students.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in video/film production, digital media, communications or related field; Equivalent experience may be considered.
Experience: At least five years of video, film or television production in a broadcast, corporate or education setting.
Special Knowledge/ Skills:
- Ability to manage diverse groups or individuals, both adults and students.
- Exceptional storyteller, videographer and editor with the ability to take a video project from conception to completion with skill and expertise.
- Thorough knowledge of video production cinematography, lighting, audio recording, editing and color correction techniques
- Ability to work with staff members to assist with creating lesson plans for students.
- Expertise and hands-on experience with video and film production equipment.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Ability to expertly capture and create documentary, narrative and live event videos.
- Ability to provide technical expertise on current equipment and best practices in video production.
- Motion graphics skills are a plus, e.g., Adobe After Effects, 2D and/or 3D.
- Still photography experience is a plus.
- Conceptual, creative thinker; self-starter; detail-oriented; able to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility with schedule to attend board meetings and other events.
- Manage and schedule a program working with employees and students.
- Develop a pre-production plan for each program to be produced.
- Direct live and taped broadcasts., including monthly school board meetings.
- Operate studio/field equipment to include:
- Video cameras
- Video switcher
- Audio board
- Non-linear editing equipment
- Set up of microphones and other related sound equipment
- Set up of lights necessary for quality production
- Some graphic design
- Evaluate and purchase video equipment and supplies.
- Minor technical troubleshooting.
- Provide onsite video services to document district events for internal and external audiences.
- Meet with various departments to discuss and determine production needs and requests.
- Manage timelines and meet multiple deadlines.
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of Plano ISD.
- Follow attendance policy and perform all other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under tight time constraints and changes in video and event needs.
- Physical Demands? Environmental Factors: Frequent district-wide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Organization Name
Plano Independent School District
Lesley Range-Stanton, Executive Director of Communications
- Email Address