Toyota’s Corporate Communications Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Internal Communications Analyst.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support “One Toyota” internal communications initiatives by developing written and visual content for Toyota’s employee newsletter, dealer magazine and other internal channels in partnership with various stakeholders, including HR, Legal, Manufacturing and Sales, Toyota’s Senior Management team, Dealers and others.
Reporting to the Organizational Communications Manager, the person in this role will support Corporate Communications’ objective to develop innovative communications programs for Toyota team members that promote transparency and open communication across the company while enhancing trust and collaboration in the spirit of “One Toyota.”
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
What you’ll be doing
- Produce video and motion graphics content for internal and external distribution
- Write feature stories, listicles and news briefs for internal and external audiences
- Oversee (editor) of a print and online publication
- Overall contributor and utility producer/writer for Corporate Communications team
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, communications or a closely related field
- Experience in journalism, broadcast, public relations, and/or corporate communications
- Successful experience in news or feature video production and story writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and work quickly while juggling multiple assignments is critical
- Proficiency in shooting and editing videos
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy; exceptional proofreading skills
- Strong ability to build and maintain trusted relationships across all levels of the company
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
*PLEASE NOTE: Video reel and writing samples will be required with application. Writing test may be required.
Added bonus if you have
- Automotive industry experience
- Experience as an editor of a print and online publication
- Photoshop or other graphics skills
- Meeting and event planning experience
- On-camera experience
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.