The University of Dallas (UD) is looking to hire an Executive Director of Marketing and Communications. The University of Dallas is a Catholic liberal arts university located in Irving, Texas.
- Describe Job
UD is currently seeking an Executive Director who will serve as the University’s chief marketing and communications officer. This position will lead the university’s marketing and communications efforts to advance the mission of the University of Dallas. In addition, provide strategic direction, oversight and resource management to enhance the university’s brand position, raise awareness of its distinct attributes and effectively engage key constituent groups including current and prospective donors, alumni, current and prospective students, parents, faculty, staff, and the Catholic community in the DFW area.
- Organization Name
The University of Dallas is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
Street Address: 1845 E. Northgate Dr.
Zip Code: 75062
Jason Wu Trujillo
Vice President for University Advancement, University of Dallas
- Email Address
To apply, visit https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Plan and execute towards marketing and communication priorities and goals as defined by the President and the Vice President for University Advancement.
- Establish and maintain highly productive, collaborative, and customer-centric relationships with colleagues across University Advancement, Admissions, and other externally focused faculty and staff.
- Leads a centralized marketing and communications team in the areas of web communications and management, creative services, marketing and brand strategy, social media, media relations and public information, and crisis communications.
- Identify marketing and promotional opportunities to position the University of Dallas for greater media visibility in a large media market.
- Develop innovative ways to make the University’s website a key marketing tool for conveying the University of Dallas mission and vision.
- Ensure compelling, relevant and timely content that features faculty, student and alumni accomplishments and that showcases the university in new and interesting ways through various media and communications platforms to advance student recruitment, constituent engagement and increase philanthropic support.
- Manage all outside vendors providing marketing and communications support to the University.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all media inquiries.
- Serve as University spokesperson at the direction of the President or VP for University Advancement.
- Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the position.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience as a multi-faceted marketing and communications professional.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand development and current marketing and communications trends including new media channels.
- Ability to articulate and translate the institutional brand into print and digital formats.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure strategic brand alignment across all communications channels.
- Demonstrated ability to train, manage, encourage, and motivate a high-functioning team.
- Preferred Requirements
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in leading a full-service marketing and communications department in Catholic higher education or a Catholic nonprofit environment.
- Competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
- Employee events.
- A health and wellness program.
- A free fitness center
- Competitive leave programs.
- Free tuition for employees and their families.
- Matching retirement plan contributions.