Happy Valentine’s Day! If you woke up this morning and had a minor freak out moment because you don’t have a gift purchased or plans made for today, you are not alone. If you are the King/Queen of procrastination, we are here to help. Check out our last-minute gift ideas and activities for Valentine’s Day.
Last-Minute Gifts for Valentine’s Day
- Walk over to Dear Hannah in Snider Plaza. This boutique has Valentine’s Day themed cards, candy, accessories, and other fun items to wow your Valentine/Galentine.
- Visit Impeccable Pig in Snider Plaza and pick out a necklace or pair of earrings.
- Run into 7-Eleven on Hillcrest and create a personalized bag of your sweetheart’s favorite things. Get their favorite candies, beverages, and snacks and put in a pink gift bag with a bow.
- A “pink drink” and pink cake pop from Starbucks never hurt anybody. This is a great option if you are seeing your Valentine in the earlier portion of the day.
- CVS or Walgreens can save the day with an easy, thoughtful gift. Simply print your favorite picture of you and your Valentine or Galentines and buy a cute picture frame.
- Grab a scented candle, perfume, or fizzy bath bomb set from Bath and Body Works in Mockingbird Station.
- A nice flower arrangement from Tom Thumb in Snider Plaza will always be a win.
- McCartney’s University Spirit has a “Mad Man on the Move” grooming set that is a great gift for men.
Last-Minute Plans for Valentine’s Day
Let’s face it, it is too late to get a reservation for dinner anywhere in Dallas. Luckily, there are plenty of other ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Grab some charcuterie board items from the grocery store and have a picnic on White Rock Lake or near the LOVE sign at Williams Park. We recommend grabbing some cheeses, berries or grapes, dried fruit, crackers, bread slices, and prosciutto.
- Have a movie night at home. Watch a rom-com or play board games, pour some wine and order pizza for a relaxing night in.
- If cooking is your specialty, make a delicious dish like spaghetti at home for a very cozy Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day.
- Have a movie date at the Angelika Film Theatre. They offer a student discount if you show your SMU Student ID. Grab some popcorn and watch Little Women, Knives Out, The Gentlemen, or Birds of Prey, to name a few.
- Visit Leela’s Wine Bar on Lower Greenville for a romantic evening, or a fun girls’ night!
- Nothing says Valentine’s Day like dessert. Mix up the traditional chocolate covered strawberries and enjoy local ice cream from Howdy Homemade or Wild About Harry’s instead.
- Not an ice cream fan? Check out Val’s Cheesecakes! Dallas has plenty of dessert spots for every preference and craving.
Final Words of Encouragement
Valentine’s Day can be an exciting and love-filled day if you make it exciting. Likewise, it can be boring or unrealistic if you allow it to be. Today is about celebrating the love around us. Even if you don’t have a Valentine, indulge in some chocolate and remember to be sweet!