LIVE. LEARN. INTERN. in Washington, DC
Institute on Political Journalism
June 2 – July 78, 2018
Final Deadline: March 13
** Scholarship Funding Still Available**
- An internship placement at a news outlet or public relations firm
- Courses for credit in economics, journalism and public policy
- Exclusive lectures, briefings and professional development seminars
- Housing in the heart of Washington, DC
There has never been a more important or challenging time to be a journalism or public relations intern in Washington, DC. This summer you can be in the heart of the headline-making capital and show that you have what it takes. Use your skills and passion to get past the noise and report the facts!
INTERNSHIPS + CLASSES FOR CREDIT
Spend your summer gaining real-world experience on the job and in the classroom
Set yourself apart when it comes time to finding your first job after graduation by interning with a newspaper, magazine, news service, corporate or PR organization. You will maximize your time this summer by also taking courses for 3 to 9 transferable credits from George Mason University.
As part of our comprehensive program, all participants will receive an internship placement. Our staff works to place you with an organization that fits your skills and career goals.
Picture yourself this summer:
- Covering the latest legislative battle by attending a hearing or Press Conference on Capitol Hill.
- Standing on the steps of Supreme Court as protestors exercise their first amendment rights.
- Attending a national security press conference at the
- Planning and developing a social media campaign for a client at a dynamic DC PR firm.
- Meeting experienced reporters at a lunch at The National Press Club.
- Writing a news story about new member of Congress.
- Doing “man on the street” interviews on the National Mall.
- Videotaping the Presidential Motorcade on your cellphone as it races down Pennsylvania Avenue.
You will live in the heart of Washington, DC
- Just steps from the White House, State Department and National Monuments.
- Furnished apartments are on campus at George Washington University.
Apply today – there are still scholarship awards to be granted:
- More than 70% of students receive funding
- Awards are determined on the basis of financial need and merit
- Average awards of $1,000 to $4,500
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 13. To learn more about the programs and to begin an online application, please visit www.DCinternships.org/IPJ. Questions may be directed to 202.986.0384 or [email protected].