Three scholarships, the Douglas Bauer Incentive, Stan Levenson, and the CCPA Prize for Excellence, are funded by the CCPA Advisory Board and other donors each year.
CCPA students may apply for all three of these scholarships by completing one form and supplying additional materials.
Application Deadline: April 16th at 5 pm
Send all application materials as a PDF file to Mrs. Hewitt at email@example.com by no later than 5 pm on Friday, April 16, 2021. Scholarship interviews are required as part of the application process and will take place via 20-minute online Zoom sessions on Wednesday/ Thursday, April 21/22, 2021 – mark your calendar now.
This Common Application provides applicants an opportunity to apply for the Douglas Bauer Incentive, Stan Levenson, and the CCPA Prize for Excellence at the same time.
- Full-time, declared CCPA major with minimum 3.000 cumulative GPA (GPA exceptions may be granted for Douglas Bauer Incentive Award).
- Completed minimum of 30 hours and cannot be a graduating senior in May or August of the calendar year of application.
- Application filed by the deadline and completion of a scholarship interview.
Scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit/achievement, potential for excellence in the communication field, and financial need.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Completed application form endorsed by a CCPA faculty member.
- Copy of current financial overview sheet from my.smu.edu
- Current DPR and resume.
- 1-2 page essay addressed to the CCPA Advisory Board Selection Committee.
To obtain a current financial overview sheet:
Login my.smu.edu -> select financials -> select financial year from drop down menu-> select 2020-2021 (for fall 20/spring 21) -> select and expand fall and spring terms -> create PDF and include with application as supporting documentation. If the Financial Aid Award Listing for 2020-2021 is not included, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Don’t delay, applications are due to Mrs. Hewitt by 5 pm on Friday, April 16, 2021.