Many CCPA majors are fortunate enough to enroll in Boulevard Consulting, one of the division’s most unique offerings. The course has been taught by Kim Commerato for several semesters and we are here to share a bit about the class from her perspective. Read more about Boulevard Consulting below with a special feature from Professor Commerato herself.
On behalf of Dr. Duhé and the distinguished CCPA faculty…
Congratulations to this year’s CCPA award recipients! Due to their hard work, academic performance, discipline, and passion, these students are receiving the following awards:
- Outstanding Academic Achievement in CCPA, Olivia Cahill
- Outstanding CCPA Student in Organizational Communication, Kennedy Eaker
- Outstanding CCPA Student in Social Innovation and Nonprofit Engagement, Briana Smith
- Outstanding CCPA Student in Political Communication, Vanessa Larez, Lauren Lehner
- Outstanding CCPA Student in Public Relations and Strategic Communication, Cassie Ackemann
In addition to the awards listed above, the division also internally recognizes the following awards:
- Outstanding Student in PRSSA, Abba Yaney
- CCPA Student Fellows, Avery Cooper, Charlotte Friend, Caroline Kester, Kate McLeod, Lauren Montgomery, Abba Yaney
Kappa Tau Alpha Honor Society recipients
Greetings and congratulations to our new CCPA majors. We are thrilled to welcome you all to the CCPA family.
by Abba Yaney
The State Fair of Texas. like most large scale events, was canceled this year due to Covid-19. While they canceled the traditional State Fair we know and love, the Fair recently announced the debut of a drive-thru option for people to get their Fair fix of corny dogs, cotton candy, kettle corn, french fries, and fried Oreos and a photo with Big Tex.
Separated from our campus and our friends the CCPA students in Professor Chris Coats’ writing class turned to video to tell the #SMUStrong story. Dance, dance, dance.
#SMUCCPA #SMUMeadows #SMUStrong #DancdDanceDance
Hayley Reardon walks us through the process she used to find the job she loves. Use her advice to find the right job for you.