Wishing everyone a wonderful last week of September! Students, if the job and internship search has snuck up on you, here are some events you can attend to get some networking in before the end of the month. Recent graduates and CCPA alumni, these are great for you to find new talent for your organizations or new opportunities for yourself! Scroll down to find this week’s DFW event that fits your career interests the most.
Upcoming Networking Events
Last Tuesday Happy Hour at The Ritz Carlton
- When: Tuesday, September 23rd at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: The Ritz Carlton in Uptown Dallas
- Why: This business networking happy hour attracts hundreds of professionals! Don’t miss this fun opportunity to meet successful members of the Dallas professional community across all industries.
Social Media Dallas: Marketing’s Golden Era: Personalization and The Always Connected Generation
- When: Thursday, October 17th from 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Where: Capital Factory + The DEC
- Why: Listen to Daniel Wagstaff, CEO of PocketStop discuss how to create personalized experiences for a highly-connected generation through communication and how to use this customer data and feedback to drive growth.
PRSSA Student Panel
- When: Tuesday, September 24th at 6 p.m. (followed by a recruiting reception!)
- Where: Umphrey Lee 241
- Why: Hear from fellow SMU PRSSA members about their pre-professional experiences. This panel is designed to be very conversational and beneficial as it will cover topics such as studying abroad, double majoring, interning, CCPA Fellow, the CCPA curriculum and life after college
PRSSA First Chapter Meeting
- When: Tuesday, October 1st at 6 p.m.
- Where: Umphrey Lee 241
- Why: PRSSA is essential if you want to pursue any career in Public Relations. Almost any employer will ask about your involvement in this organization in interviews, so be prepared and show up to meetings and events!
PRSA Pro Am Day 2019 Luncheon
- When: Friday, October 11th from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: The Clubs of Prestonwood Creek Clubhouse
- Why: Public Relations students have the opportunity to be matched with professionals for job shadowing, exposure to communications jobs, and strategy experience
- No charge for students who want to be matched with a professional! Otherwise, students pay $25 for this incredible networking opportunity
- Click here to register and for more info!
Networking Tip of the Week:
After you attend one of the events you find on this blog and meet an amazing professional, connect with them on LinkedIn ASAP! Send a personalized note with your connection request so they remember how you met, and don’t be afraid to suggest meeting for coffee to build more of a relationship!