This is your weekly update that includes networking events, professional tips, and a few Dallas activities you can do this week!
Networking is something that should be done all year long. Now that you are in the groove of the semester, you can focus on attending a few professional events. And everyone deserves a little fun in their week, so we included some recommended activities around Dallas.
This Week’s Networking Events
- Leverage Your LinkedIn
- Tuesday, Feb 11 at 11:30 AM
- People Helping People | Business Ownership & Networking THIS IS A FINANCIAL SERVICES ONE – IF YOU INCLUDE – I WOULD POINT THAT OUT
- Tuesday, Feb 11, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
- Best Practices for Communicating with Data – Randy Krum
- Wednesday, Feb 12
- WeMeet Dallas Networking & Social Mixer
- Wednesday, Feb 12 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Dallas Speed Networking NetworkNite by Business Professionals in Dallas
- Monday, Feb 17 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Reserve Your Spot In Advance
- IABC Dallas Professional Development Luncheon
- February 18 from 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM
- AMA DFW February Executive Luncheon
- February 19 from 11:15 to 1:00 PM
- PRSA Mapping and Making Moves
- Thursday, February 27 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Networking Tip of the Week
The best advice CCPA’s very own Dr. Kirk has shared with students? Always write thank you cards! If someone takes the time to meet with you for lunch, coffee, etc., always send them a thank you note. It is best to send them an email the next day to thank them for their time. In addition, send them a hand-written note and mail it to their office. Taking the time to write these notes will positively set you apart from other students and professionals.
Dallas Activity of the Week
Grab lunch or dinner at one of Trinity Grove’s 14 restaurants. Or even better, grab an appetizer at one, dinner at another, and dessert somewhere else! These restaurants have a great view of downtown Dallas that makes for a great photo-op with friends.